Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Railo Server Setup Script for Ubuntu

Recently I’ve had to deploy about six ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) application servers here at work on Ubuntu Linux. These are used for my development, testing, staging and production systems. While I had all of the commands down on how to perform each step, I really wanted to create a single script file that would do all of this for me automatically.

I spend a good deal of time learning about the bash commands ‘sed’, ‘tee’ and others to get this script to work. While it may not work for everyone “as is”, it may serve as a good reference point for someone else to modify for their own environment. I can see this script being refined to accept a few inputs when initially run to make it even more dynamic.

Basically this script will download, install, configure and secure a Ubuntu server (probably work with other Debian-based distros) with the following software:

  • Java 1.6_26
  • Apache Tomcat
  • Railo 3.2.3
  • Apache HTTPD

I’m not sure how long it takes to run, maybe 2-6 minutes depending on your connection speed, but I thought others might be interested. You can find the script and README at https://github.com/talltroym/Railo-Ubuntu-Installer-Script

No comments: