Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Three New Sublime Text 2 Features

Here are three new Sublime Text 2 features that I learned today, thanks to this article at Net tuts+, that I feel really put it high on my list for a ColdFusion editor.

  • Function Crawling - while working within a CFC I press Command + R on my Mac and I now have a list all of functions within that component with my cursor focused in this box. I start typing the function and press enter to quickly jump to it. Awesome!
  • Command Palette - while working within a CFML page I press Shift + Command + P to have the entire list of snippets (i.e. cfml tags and functions) that I can start typing to find and press enter (sometimes I forget the exact name so this really helps).
  • Lightning-Fast File Switching - while working in a file I press Command + P and now have a list of the files with in the project I’m working in. I start typing the file to have it opened for me, I don’t even have to press Enter

No comments: